Thursday, March 24, 2011

Polymer clay a work in progress

Today I am working on a wedding cake topper, the bride to be is Welsh and the groom is American so they want to include the flags on the cake topper...I have started them last night and I'm quite pleased so far, although he is to be wearing a kilt so it's gonna be a long one!

I though it might be nice to show the progress so far, I still have to decorate her dress in a lace design I had to make a new stamp for this, oh should have shown that one... that's for another post!  This is the second attempt at my bride, I usually bake before adding the clothing, I find that you get a better tidier finish by doing it this way, but this bold bride decided to fall over drunk in the oven, I was too busy watching a tv programme to noitce, so had to start all over again, normally my brides don't need supporting in the oven but the doppleganger was promptly propped up by two mugs, no not two men, two coffee mugs!! lol!!!

So far I have the bride her dress on, not decorated and have the groom with only his undies!!

I hope to have them finished by the weekend........ look forward to showing them off come Saturday..

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment